Flexible grass drill with ability to sow into existing grass or burn off.
Ability to sow grass, fodder crops and mixes to enhance silage swards.
Low HP requirement; tractors from 100hp.
Full in cab monitoring system to enable review of application rate and area covered.
Auto-contour system gives superb depth control on undulating ground.
Subject to adequate temperature moisture is the single most important element needed for germination. By cutting a slit in the ground a natural moisture trap is produced so that seed germination is maximised and the young seedling is sheltered whilst it anchors its roots directly into the soil so minimising losses as grazing commences.
If a slit is cut too deep the seedling can fail as it will run out of energy and if cut too shallow then it can lose out on the advantages of the slit therefore good depth control is essential.
Sports fields apart, grass fields are undulating so depth control is more difficult. Most drills have a sprung loaded system to help cope with undulations. However the download pressures needed for a grass drill to do its job reduces the flexibility of these devices and can severely compromise depth control where there are ground contours as all the weight can be concentrated over several coulters.
With auto-contour a secondary suspension system is incorporated to increase flexibility. The drill frame is partitioned into 1m sections and the download is applied to each by a hydraulic ram. The rams are linked so download to each is equalised despite undulations.
1) In cab control box displaying feed rate, forward speed, area covered and monitors the drill to optimise performance.
2) Seed flow can be observed from seat with transparent head cap.
3) 18/24 boron disk coulter with tungsten carbide tipped coulter (160/125 mm spacing).
4) Electric fan distributed through to external central distribution unit.
5) 300 litre hopper is accessed from load platform and is easily calibrated.
6) Tractors from 100hp.
7) Weight frames to suit popular tractor weights.
8) 14″ rear roller gives depth control and tidy finish.
9) Forward speed and metering control are taken off the roller by a well protected sensor picking up bolts on the inside plate of the roller.
- Sprung loaded eradicators
- Larger hopper
- Hydraulic fan
- Farmflex roller,
- Bout markers.